All items are subject to search by staff prior to being brought into the facility.
Don’t over pack; storage space is limited to a standing locker and a foot locker for each client.
- Identification: Official form of ID (State ID, Driver's License, Passport, etc.)
- Personal hygiene: Each client may bring personal hygiene products such as deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, comb/brush, shaving cream, safety razors, lotion, and hair dryer. Clients are encouraged to bring a case or caddy of their own to store/transport these items to the bathroom during shower times. (Note: we will supply shampoo and body wash.)
- Clothing: The clothing guideline at Mockingbird Hill is casual, yet tasteful and appropriate (nothing graphic, offensive or revealing). Clients are encouraged to bring comfortable clothing. You will have access to a coin-operated laundry machine, so a 7- to 10-day supply of clothing is recommended. Keep in mind, space may be limited, so please do not overpack. Clients are not permitted to wear open-toed shoes unless wearing socks. Shower shoes must be worn in the shower. Please pack clothes and shoes appropriate to wear while using our gym and engaging in outdoor physical activities. (Note: upon admission, your clothes will be placed into a high heat dryer for 30 minutes for infection control.)
- Cell phones: Clients may have cell phones. Cell phone use is only permitted during select times so as to not interfere in treatment. During non-use times, they will be placed in your secure foot locker.
- Personal electronics: Tablets, laptop computers, E-Readers, iPods and iPads are allowed. Use of internet connected devices are permitted during select times. During non-use times, they will be placed in your secure foot locker. TVs and desktop computers are not permitted. TVs are available in community rooms and are shared during selected times. Earphones must be used with electronic devices to ensure that others’ are not disrupted and privacy is maintained. Recording of any kind on these devices is not permitted at any time, and could result in immediate eviction.
- Cash and Valuables: Small amounts of cash can be secured on their person (no more than $25 each week). Valuable jewelry, other items of value and large amounts of cash should not be brought to the facility.
- Prescriptions: Please review the approved medications list to determine which prescribed medications can be brought to the facility. Specialized medication such as an inhaler for respiratory conditions, Epi-pens, Insulin pens, etc. are allowed. Please bring all medications you are currently taking in the correct labeled bottles received from your pharmacy. All medications will be reviewed by our medical team upon admission and stored until scheduled monitoring times. Any medications which are not approved and/or are on the prohibited medications list will be destroyed.